Monday, September 04, 2006

My new home!

Hey everyone. I have gotten my placement for the next 3 months. I will be living around the Masaya area in a pueblo. I have 2 sisters and 2 brothers. One of the girls is the cutest little girls that I have ever seen! Seriously, ever! The food is good. Alot of beans and rice, and more rice dishes. And chicken. And really good juice. My mom and dad are really nice but they speak soooo fast. I feel really dumb. I don´t understand what people are saying to me...they don´t understand what I say. It´s really hard. But, I am lucky enough to have 2 other girls in the same town that I am in. They both live about 5 minutes away, walking. We have our spanish classes in each of our respective homes.

My room in my house is really nice. I have a mosquito net, a dresser, a bed with 2 pillows, a cute window, a lock on my door that doesn´t work right now. The bathroom is right next door with a flush toliet. Yeah! Jeff is right down the road in another pueblo. I haven´t spoken to him since I was dropped off at my new house 2 days ago. I´ve actually been a lot more sad that I thought I would be about it. It´s really hard hanging out with people who don´t speak your language all day long. I am really tired by the end of the day. And we´re not supposed to speak english with our friends in our town. But obviously, we do. There is so much to say that I don´t know the words for in Spanish...since I don´t know most words in Spànish! I also feel sort of like an alien. Everyone stares at me, I sleep under a mosquito net, I don´t speak the language, they have to boil their water for me, I don´t eat certain foods. It´s wierd.

There is an internet cafe close to my house. It is twice as cheap to use it for one hour than to call with a calling card for 15 minutes. Dad: I tried calling you 4 times. 3 from the hotel collect and once while I´ve been in (edited for sercurity). It says that your number is disconnected. The house number! So I don´t know what to do.

During training, we go to spanish classes 3 times a week for 6 hours a day. 2 other days are technical training. I dread the weekend when I have to hang around and not understand much for 2 days straight! However, on sunday I took a walk with my brothers and sister and we say the laguna by my house. Its really pretty because it overlooks a volcano and another town. We went their today with my group as well.

Well that is it for now. I am going to try and upload some of my pictures. Hasta luego!

Jenny

7 Comments:

At September 05, 2006 , Blogger Joshua Berman said...

Nice site -- congrats on your PC assignment from a Nica-15er. My training site was in Pio XII down the road from you. I hope you have our book, Moon Handbooks Nicaragua. You'll be able to buy our new one, Living Abroad In Nicaragua, soon in Granada.

In the meantime, check out:

http://gotonicaragua.com

Hasta! Josue

 
At September 05, 2006 , Blogger Veronica said...

I know how frustrated you are on the language thing. I visited Spain a couple years back and honestly I knew more spanish at the end of even two weeks. Being forced to learn it is ideal.

I'd love to see the beautiful landscape and stuff so work on that uploading. I'll send you pictures soon from the wedding too!

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, cheap ugg boots outlet, longchamp outlet online, nike outlet, nike air max, chanel handbags, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, ugg outlet, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, michael kors handbags, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, oakley vault, ugg boots clearance, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, tory burch outlet online, prada handbags, longchamp handbags

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

hermes pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet online, longchamp pas cher, mulberry uk, abercrombie and fitch, true religion, tn pas cher, kate spade outlet, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors uk, true religion jeans, nike roshe, lululemon outlet online, oakley pas cher, air jordan, north face pas cher, air max, sac vanessa bruno, coach purses, nike roshe run, michael kors, hollister, nike free pas cher, louboutin, north face, guess pas cher, hollister uk, nike free, coach outlet store online, nike air max, converse pas cher, longchamp, replica handbags, ray ban uk, ralph lauren uk, vans pas cher, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, burberry pas cher, air max pas cher, scarpe hogan, coach outlet, lacoste pas cher, nike air force, michael kors canada, true religion outlet

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister canada, ugg boots, ugg, karen millen, barbour, moncler outlet, swarovski uk, coach outlet, montre femme, louis vuitton pas cher, doke gabbana outlet, marc jacobs handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, vans, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, gucci, air max, barbour jackets, pandora jewelry, swarovski jewelry, moncler, thomas sabo uk, moncler, ugg soldes, converse shoes, ray ban, wedding dress, ugg, uggs canada, replica watches, converse, louis vuitton uk, moncler, juicy couture, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, moncler outlet, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, toms outlet, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton canada

 
At December 06, 2017 , Blogger chenlili said...

air max
true religion
michael kors handbags
jordan shoes
north face
ralph lauren
canada goose
michael kors outlet
air jordan
oakley sunglasses cheap
201712.7chenjinyan

 
At December 11, 2017 , Blogger chenmeinv0 said...

mont blanc
nike blazer
supra
fivefingers
rolex
burberry outlet online
nike outlet
beats headphones
beats by dre
nike air huarache
2017.12.12xukaimin

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home