Monday, January 29, 2007

New experiences

As Joel pointed in his email to me everyday there are new experiences for us and this week was definitely no exception. Saturday night started out with an exciting trip to the emerency room of the local hospital. I was having pains in my stomach so the PC doctor thought it was best that I go and get it checked out to make sure it wasn´t an appendicitis, which it luckily wasn´t. The PC doctor told me, "dont let them put any IVs in you, just have them check your appendix", which doesnt make a person nervous about what is going to happen to them when they get there at all... So they said my appendix was fine, but then they wanted to keep me overnight and give me fluids and/or the equivalent of Zantac in liquid form, which I objected to very strongly. So they let me go home and gave me a prescription for the pills. I bought 10 of them for the equivalent of a $1.50 total! When we were at the emergency room we didnt see anything too exciting, only one head injury and she came out all wrapped up so barely any blood. But the total cost of the of the visit equaled 0 dollars, which was nice. Plus, they had A/C in the examining room! Other firsts this week include, Jenny and I celebrating our 1st anniversary on Sunday. We went to Rostipollo (equivalent to Applebee´s in the US) for dinner, not the fancy dining experience you expect for your anniversary, but very expensive here and I knew I could eat the food without upsetting my stomach. Also, today is the first day of classes! Jenny is at her school right now, she teaches in the AM mostly, and I am going to my school in the afternoon. From what we have been told not much teaching goes on the first week of classes, its most organization (syllabus day, im sure...) and we will probably get to go home early. It is officially the time to earn our Peace Corps stipend!!

3 Comments:

At January 30, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

In response to your last entry I had to chuckle. Before Lucian left for the Peace Corps he practically left the room if there was an insect of any sort. Now, I guess you do what you have to do. Some of the changes that you are all experiencing on a day to day basis in Nicaragua. Next time you see my son, please give him a big hug and kiss for me. You both take care.
Irene (Lucian's Mom)

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, cheap ugg boots outlet, longchamp outlet online, nike outlet, nike air max, chanel handbags, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, ugg outlet, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, michael kors handbags, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, oakley vault, ugg boots clearance, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, tory burch outlet online, prada handbags, longchamp handbags

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

hermes pas cher, true religion outlet, new balance pas cher, michael kors outlet online, longchamp pas cher, mulberry uk, abercrombie and fitch, true religion, tn pas cher, kate spade outlet, nike air max, ralph lauren pas cher, ray ban pas cher, michael kors uk, true religion jeans, nike roshe, lululemon outlet online, oakley pas cher, air jordan, north face pas cher, air max, sac vanessa bruno, coach purses, nike roshe run, michael kors, hollister, nike free pas cher, louboutin, north face, guess pas cher, hollister uk, nike free, coach outlet store online, nike air max, converse pas cher, longchamp, replica handbags, ray ban uk, ralph lauren uk, vans pas cher, timberland pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, burberry pas cher, air max pas cher, scarpe hogan, coach outlet, lacoste pas cher, nike air force, michael kors canada, true religion outlet

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home