Friday, December 21, 2007

San Pancho!

I left my comfy house with my flush toliet and shower for latrine and no running water life. Thats right, I went north! I went and visited the country, San Francisco del Norte, or San Pancho which is were my friend and fellow TEFLer Caitlin lives, just a short 5 hour bus ride north. It was a really pretty ride up there, and she lives in the mountains so it was a lot cooler too. I actually wore a sweatshirt, and was still chilly.

The mountains on the way there as the sun was setting.
On the way there, Farah, the girl I give private English class to, also rode there. However, when she got on the bus, 15 minutes after it left from the bus terminal where it starts, there were no seats. So I invited to her sit on my lap. There she sat for the next hour until I thought my legs were going to break off, so then she moved next to me on the seat, but I didn´t hear any complaints from the largish lady sitting next to me. We sang Rudolph the Red Rose Reindeer about 25 times, perfecting our delivery. She also told me some fairytales in Spanish. The five hours went pretty fast and then I arrived at Caitlins.
Here we are on the bus.
The next day we got up at 5 a.m. and it was FREEZING! We took the 6 a.m. bus, which is the last! bus for the day, and we rode 40 minutes to a different community where Caitlin is giving an English class. After we got off the bus, we walked 20 minutes on a dirt rode to the community.
Then we were given breakfast, we watched some Backstreet Boys videos for awhile, and then we went to class. The class was about 2 hours. After, we walked 20 minutes back to the main road, and waited for the truck that passes to give us a ride. It was an old covered army truck, packed with people and stuff. Here we rode for 40 minutes on a really crappy road to get back to San Pancho. My jeans ripped on the way up to the truck (in the bootie), so I am down one pair (my favorite).

Caitlin and her puppy in front of her house.
Another highlight of the trip was when Caitlin´s new puppy found a chicken foot and was chewing on it. Then, after it was taken away, she came back with the other. Her mouth has to be pryed open. She did not want to give up that foot, but really who can blame her.

The foot. Que asco.
Once again, it was taken away, but don´t worry, she came back with the head. It was sick.
So I got back today. Jeff was unable to come with me cause he had class on Wednesday. I´m sorry for him! He missed out.

4 Comments:

At February 25, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

hello everyone. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking for that exact model. The prices seeking the boots are around 320 pounds on every page. But finally I bring about this locate selling them for the benefit of half price. I absolutely want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order those. what do you think?

 
At March 16, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good afternoon everyone. I'm really into shoes and I was digging for the sake of that meticulous model. The prices for the velcros were about 350 bucks on every page. But finally I found this locate selling them as a remedy for half price. I exceptionally want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably buy these. what do you think?

 
At March 16, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning bros. I'm honestly into shoes and I have been looking for the sake of that singular model. The prices for the velcros are approximately 300 dollars on every site. But for all I bring about this location selling them someone is concerned half price. I absolutely want these [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably purchase them. what is your opinion?

 
At March 16, 2010 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

good morning people. I'm really into shoes and I was digging allowing for regarding that particular brand. The prices due to the fact that the shoes were all over 340 pounds everwhere. But completely I bring about this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I exceptionally love those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will absolutely purchase them. what can you tell me about these?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home