Thursday, April 19, 2007

A day in the life

Since we only write about our fun and interesting experiences, you must be wondering what goes on during an average day, so here goes.

I wake up, usually sweating already. I brush my teeth, wash my face, put on a polo shirt and pants and walk to class. Its about a 25 minute walk and the time that I have to be there at varies by day. Usually at 8:30. On my way to school I am usually harrassed with cat calls or statements about the color of my skin. For example, oye chelita, GRINGA!, chelita preciosa, muñeca, gatita, chelita guapa, and the occational PROFE! or profesora from a kid who knows me.

I either go to one or two hour and a half classes and co-teach with my counterpart. I have 2 counterparts. With one I teach 11th grade, and with the other we teach various grades.

I walk home at noon. When I get home around 12:30 I eat lunch. Then I take a shower. Sometimes I check my email. Sometimes I read. Sometimes I wash my clothes. But I always plan my afternoon classes. At 3:00 I walk to my 3:30 classes. On MW I teach at the TeleCentro which as airconditioning so that rocks. On TTH I teach at Chinatlan, and I teach 2 classes back to back. Therefore I am either done at 5:00 or 6:15...depending on the kind of day it is.

When I get home, we eat dinner. Then we have a number of options. We can either read, play cards, umm....sometimes watch a movie on the computer, um, we play cards...., sometimes prepare a lesson plan or materials for the next days classes, study spanish, or hang with the neighbors. Then we go to bed between 9:30 and 10:00.

Last night the 3 of us got a salsa lesson from our neighbor. It was fun and a break from the ordinary. Jeff and I are planning to practice and become salsa masters. We´ll see how that works out.

Just a taste of an ordinary day, which most days are! Did I mention I sweat all day long and worry about how I smell?

5 Comments:

At April 20, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I'm getting to come to Nica as a TEFL trainer...and I'm guessing from your blogs that this is what your VAD is. Do you reccommend bringing any teaching materials along? Or, is it better to simply work with what little the teachers already have? If you would let me know, I would really appreciate it - send me an e-mail at sara.waugh@gmail.com.

 
At April 24, 2007 , Blogger Veronica said...

I'm not gonna lie... everytime we get word from you either via blog or email, I feel like you are always sweating! It is starting to warm up here, but I swear that I start sweating reading all your updates.

 
At May 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

when you say "the three of us got salsa lessons" are you referring to ernie? Did he move in? What's happening!

Miss you guys!

love,
Carrie

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

burberry outlet online, christian louboutin outlet, burberry outlet online, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet online, prada outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, cheap ugg boots outlet, longchamp outlet online, nike outlet, nike air max, chanel handbags, replica watches, michael kors outlet online sale, michael kors outlet store, michael kors outlet online, louis vuitton outlet, ugg outlet, red bottom shoes, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, michael kors handbags, kate spade outlet online, longchamp outlet, nike free, replica watches, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton handbags, oakley sunglasses, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, tiffany jewelry, gucci handbags, cheap oakley sunglasses, ray ban outlet, oakley vault, ugg boots clearance, polo ralph lauren outlet, nike air max, jordan shoes, polo ralph lauren, tory burch outlet online, prada handbags, longchamp handbags

 
At January 28, 2016 , Blogger oakleyses said...

hollister canada, ugg boots, ugg, karen millen, barbour, moncler outlet, swarovski uk, coach outlet, montre femme, louis vuitton pas cher, doke gabbana outlet, marc jacobs handbags, moncler, canada goose outlet, pandora uk, vans, supra shoes, pandora jewelry, canada goose outlet, gucci, air max, barbour jackets, pandora jewelry, swarovski jewelry, moncler, thomas sabo uk, moncler, ugg soldes, converse shoes, ray ban, wedding dress, ugg, uggs canada, replica watches, converse, louis vuitton uk, moncler, juicy couture, louis vuitton, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose, canada goose pas cher, moncler outlet, pandora charms, sac louis vuitton, canada goose, juicy couture outlet, links of london uk, toms outlet, moncler, moncler, louis vuitton canada

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home