Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Dad and Luann come for a visit

Last week we got more visitors! My dad and Luann came down to Nicaragua. And they liked it! (I think) Except for all the trash in the streets of Chinadega, which I heard that my dad DID NOT like. Altough, who likes that? So we spent two very hot days in Chinandega where we went to dinner at my counterparts house and had traditional Nicaraguan food. It was really good and my counterpart speaks English very well so it went smoothly. Thank god. On Monday, dad and Luann came to my English class at the TeleCentro where the students were ready with questions......sort of. Some of their questions were a little weak because they were so nervous but they did a good job. They were soooooooo excited for them to come. They brought mangoes, coke, and cookies for my dad and Luann and they wrote Welcome Jenny´s Parents on the board...in English! And it was perfect. I was very proud! I totally taught them about family vocab!!!! They were really cute and super excited to have visitors.

Afterwards, we went to Granada and the isletas tour. Thats where we were during this picture. For anyone coming to Nicaragua, it costs about $200 to $250 cords for an hour, don´t let them charge you more. Anyways... We went to Monkey Island with our driver who was really well prepared for tourists and really nice. He and Jeff shared a front seat of a taxi on the way to the boat. They became fast friends because or in spite of this close contact. Anyways, back to Monkey Island, the monkeys that were planted on this island for us to look at, are very used to people and want to come aboard and eat. As did this monkey below. Her friend, who is a he, also wanted to come onboard but I was told hes kind of mean and agressive, so they tried to avoid this and raced around with the girl monkey on top of their boat trying to get her back to the island while the male was trying to get on the boat. It was the highlight of this isleta tour for me. We all yelled and cheered them on, and I was glad they didn´t come on our boat.
Then we went to Pelican Eyes in San Juan del Sur and I was in heaven. You don´t have to leave the compound and you get to eat delicious food and drink normal drinks whenever you want. AND I love to swim in their pools. It was glorious. We swam all day long. This is an infinity pool. They have 3!
Afterwards, we went to Catarina, San Juan de Oriente, and the Volcan Masaya. This time, we took a car to the top even though my dad begged to climb up the volcano.
Here we are! (cute purse, huh Katie?)
I like volcanoes. We don´t have any in Minnesota. Afterwards, we went to Managua where we got to stay in the most comfy beds ever at the InterContinental. I love them. They also have really great bathrooms with hot water that comes out normally...sort of a luxury in hotels in Nicaragua. Well we had a great time.....and then we had to come back to Chinandega.

At first, I really really really really didn´t want to come back. I was clean and comfortable ALL WEEK and I was coming back to sweat, dust and dirt. I thought readjusting would be really hard, but by the end of the next day, I was used to it again, maybe I even missed it a little. I was happy to see people that I haven´t seen in a while and now all is well. But coming back from vacay is hard. But, after some whining, I guess I´m glad to be back in the Chin. No, I am glad to be back.

4 Comments:

At May 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish Ohio was as exciting and pretty as Nica - I am glad I get to live through you guys!

 
At May 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, vicariously is how we are living here! i am glad you two are having such a great time there.

 
At May 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweeeeeeet! it worked

 
At May 03, 2007 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooooo! worked again!!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home